The key to building vibrant communities lies in cross-sector collaboration that creates new opportunities and solves persistent challenges. We convene the right people, the right business practices and the right resources to help make that happen.
Our priorities for Orange County are:
Impact in Orange County
Vision: A business-led system of 21st century K-14 career pathways that align with education and nonprofit innovation, leading to jobs and a quality future for all students in OC. Remove hunger as a barrier to learning.
- Grow the Talent Leadership Advisory Board to 40 members; hold inaugural Education/ Business Summit.
- Pilot three early talent models:
- Work Based Learning Pilot: Career Exploration Experiences (CEE), including mentorships and internships in healthcare, business, tech, and finance, for 200 underserved students
- Talent Bridge Model: In data analytics with Alteryx for 20 community college students and cybersecurity with CISO SHARE for 20 high school students
- Modern Youth Apprenticeship Programaround data analytics and cybersecurity: Design & pilot first-in-OC for 20 students
- Explore strategies to work with CLA-member companies to advocate for a systemic focus on AI knowledge, skills and abilities in K-12 and CC.
Vision: A vibrant OC business community that attracts, develops, and retains talent, meeting the dynamic and evolving needs of individuals and business.
- Create an employment dashboard for 25 member companies on local hiring and talent retention
- Facilitate connection between OC universities and OC-based employers:
- Assist 5 employers having limited involvement with universities to engage freshman and sophomores through project experiences, mentoring, or informational sessions, focused on women and diverse candidates
- Explore needs between universities and employers to increase hiring and retention of masters and doctoral students, focused on women and diverse candidates in STEM fields. Develop a strategy for 2022
- Design and launch Year 2 of the Orange Fellowship Program (founding class of 24 fellows) and recruit the second class of 30 fellows
Vision: A distinct regional identity that celebrates OC’s inclusive and opportunity-rich communities, engaging relevant stakeholders to attract and retain innovative talent and enterprises.
- Increase social media and EnvisionOC.org traffic by 300% to boost brand awareness
- Implement AI SoCal SuperHub branding through thought leadership and collaborations
- Attract new enterprises and expand the employee presence in OC of major global Big Tech companies.
Vision: A top-tier innovation economy with connected deep talent pools, mentors/ advisors and world-class support services, fueled by abundant local capital
- Expand SC Master Fund to reach $60M of AUM
- Create Operate Start to fund and support very early-stage AI and emerging technology startups, with a focus on diverse and underrepresented founders
- In partnership with the community, develop strategic plan to make OC a leading AI SuperHub by 2030
- Develop and kickoff operating plan for AI Center of Excellence as the attracting force of the SoCal AI SuperHub