The key to building vibrant communities lies in cross-sector collaboration that creates new opportunities and solves persistent challenges. We convene the right people, the right business practices and the right resources to help make that happen.
Our priorities for Orange County are:
Impact in Orange County
Vision: A business-led system of 21st century K-14 career pathways that aligns with education and nonprofit innovation, leading to jobs and a quality future for all OC students, especially the underserved. Remove hunger as a barrier to learning.
- Design pilot around a systematic approach to work-based learning that gets younger students interested in promising career paths, taking relevant courses, and piquing their interest in careers where the jobs are in demand
- Involve at least 3 companies in the Career Pathways pilot
Vision: A vibrant OC business community that attracts and develops talent, meeting the dynamic and evolving needs of individuals and business.
- Launch pilot for collaborative levels of commitment
- Organize a long-term solution for interface between companies and universities, including a University Reference Guide
- Launch Orange Fellowship pilot program which is designed to connect and develop the next generation of Orange County business and community leaders
Vision: A distinct regional identity that celebrates OC’s inclusive and opportunity-rich communities, engaging relevant stakeholders to attract and retain innovative talent and enterprises.
- Update EnvisionOC.org v2.0 website with improved links, build out interactive map feature, and invest paid search and paid social media to drive traffic/engagement
- Launch social media, opt-in email and quarterly event-based campaigns, with click and attendance metrics
- Crowd-source campaign to grow content
- Build strong collaboration between companies for engagement/improvement of site
Vision: A top-tier innovation economy with connected deep talent pools, mentors/ advisors and world-class support services, fueled by abundant local capital
- OC Master Fund AUM of $60M
- Launch OC Master Fund Board
- Build relationships with next VC cohorts
- Map OC’s distinctive clusters
- Strengthen innovation ecosystem connections as a convener