An innovator of high-performance analog semiconductors connecting people, places and things, Skyworks Solutions, Inc. recently relocated the Company’s headquarters to Irvine. Although Skyworks has long maintained a presence in Orange County, the decision to relocate its headquarters here affirms Orange County’s reputation for its outstanding workforce, strong business/educational partnerships and an unbeatable quality of life. With a $20+ billion market cap, Skyworks is now among the largest publicly traded firms headquartered in OC.
CLA-OC enthusiastically welcomes Skyworks’ CEO Liam K. Griffin to its Executive Committee and looks forward to partnering in support of OC’s evolution and growth as a top-tier hub for innovation in America. A leader with Skyworks for over 19 years and its CEO since 2016, Mr. Griffin is passionate about Orange County’s workforce diversity and internship/mentoring programs such as CLA-OC’s Orange Fellowship.
With one of the most extensive product portfolios within the aerospace, auto, broadband, cellular infrastructure, connected home, industrial, medical, smartphone, tablet and wearable markets, Skyworks is a leader in Orange County’s innovation culture, Connecting Everyone and Everything, All the Time.
The global company has engineering, marketing, operations, sales and support facilities located throughout Asia, Europe and North America and is a member of the S&P 500® and Nasdaq-100® market indices (Nasdaq: SWKS).
New Member Spotlight: Liam K. Griffin, CEO & Director, Skyworks Solutions, Inc.
- Career Milestones: Joined Skyworks in 2001, named President in 2014, CEO in 2016
- Past Employers: Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV); AT&T (NYSE: T)
- Education: University of Massachusetts, Amherst (BS Mechanical Engineering), Boston University (MBA)
- Corporate Boards: National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI), Former director for Vicor Corp. (Nasdaq: VICR)
- Chose OC Because: OC’s vibrant and growing community of technical professionals supports the continued expansion of Skyworks’ highly talented workforce, which will enable us to maintain our status as a market-leading innovator for years to come. Our presence in OC was established decades ago, given its close proximity to two of our key manufacturing facilities in Mexicali, Mexico, and Newbury Park, CA—facilities which continue to give Skyworks a competitive advantage.
- The Company in a Nutshell: With the 5G upgrade in full swing, we stand at a critical juncture in the advancement of ubiquitous connectivity, enabling always-on, high-speed wireless technologies that are essential for adapting to today’s rapidly changing business conditions. Our sustained investments in systems-level solutions, together with our strong balance sheet and cash-generation abilities, differentiate Skyworks as both a leading technology innovator and a consistent provider of cash returns to stockholders.