Strong, equitable regions must be ready for the future with a skilled workforce. Orange County can and should be a leader in this talent pipeline by establishing an AI Talent Lab, led by CLA-OC and its partners to work across silos in the region. Local CEOs have the power and resources to bring the right people together to work on the big issues that require cross-sector collaboration. We are positioned to build upon our strengths: our diversity and our economic vitality to catapult OC as a leader in AI talent development.
As purposeful leaders in Orange County, we contribute to the region’s growth by being a leader in talent development, building a deep and diverse talent pool to attract AI-infused innovation industries. Led by local businesses, the AI Talent Lab is the premier source of talent cultivation, providing OC residents the opportunity to build and flourish in AI-infused careers.
With a clear focus on racial and gender diversity, we bring together civic and business leaders, AI-focused entrepreneurs, and education organizations to cultivate and recruit the diverse talent needed now and in the future to support a robust AI-infused economy in OC.
- Awareness: Ensure every student has the opportunity to be informed about and develop AI-focused competencies.
- Experiential learning: Provide experiential opportunities to diverse talent pipelines from HS, CCs and universities through AI-infused career exploration experiences, internships and capstone projects.
- Credentials: Develop a coherent system of relevant AI-focused credentials anchored in local business need.
- Improve branding of OC as an AI destination through EnvisionOC.org and The Hub newsletter.
- Branding: Build OC’s brand as the place for an AI-infused career through thought leadership,
convenings, and stories of success
Programs and goals
|Strategy||Core programs & partnerships||5-year goal|